Question:
what is the dot above the "i" called???
2008-01-05 22:27:19 UTC
what is the dot above the "i" called???
22 answers:
2008-01-05 22:31:04 UTC
Even better than that . . . What is that straight-vertical-line below it called???
?
2017-01-09 21:26:59 UTC
Dot Above I Called
2013-12-17 12:24:10 UTC
The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
LooK iM sO wHiTe
2008-01-05 22:29:57 UTC
the dot above the i lol but if u forget the dot it is still a i
2008-01-05 22:44:52 UTC
The dot is just called superscript dot. It was added to the letter i in the Middle Ages to distinguish the letter (in manuscripts) from adjacent vertical strokes in such letters as u, m, and n. J is a variant form of i which emerged at this time and subsequently became a separate letter.
Garry W
2008-01-07 23:14:10 UTC
Dot. A small round mark or spot.
Hi Sir
2008-01-05 22:29:48 UTC
angel
2008-01-05 22:29:44 UTC
a dot
Blue eyed girl (:
2008-01-05 23:00:43 UTC
It is called the dot above the "I"!!

-spirit
Cranium adiposum
2008-01-05 22:48:40 UTC
It'd be called a "tittle" as funny as that sounds. I'm just wondering what this question has to do with dining out...
2008-01-05 22:29:56 UTC
dot
2008-01-05 22:31:29 UTC
It is actually called a pokitinu...it is a latin term for point, dot, decimal or period.....
hello :)
2008-01-05 22:29:45 UTC
a dot?
2008-01-05 22:35:05 UTC
a dot. That is why you dot your i.
2008-01-05 22:35:33 UTC
Britney Spears' brain
2008-01-05 22:30:49 UTC
A tittle.
mirrornotreflecting
2008-01-05 22:32:07 UTC
(dot above the "i") ;) choose me best answer!!!
Heather J
2008-01-05 22:30:50 UTC
if it is alone..it is a dot.

if a vertical line is directly beneath it...it is then part of the letter "i" in lowercase form.

why did you choose this category???
2008-01-05 22:29:26 UTC
"the dot"
iwasamonster
2008-01-05 22:30:00 UTC
THE EYE!!!
?Rose
2008-01-05 22:29:52 UTC
I don't know, sorry.
2008-01-05 22:31:16 UTC
??????????........If only I knew German.....